Image Map

Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Recommend: Christian Historical Fiction Series

One genre I really love is historical Christian fiction. Especially series. I haven't read one in a long, long, time because of blogging and all the amazing YA books, romances, etc that I have found. I used to read a lot of these though, and I thought today I would share a few of my favorites, just in case anyone else maybe interested. But really, this ended up being me really trying to sell Janette Oke, haha!

Love Comes Softy series by Janette Oke (8 books)
These books are set in the pioneer west (with a very Little House kind of feel) and follow Clark and Marty Davis (and their children) as they struggle through all the challenges of that time period and environment. These are quick books and I read the whole series in maybe two weeks in high school. Oh, and a few of them are also made into movies now, as well. Definitely one of my favorite series across all genres.



The Canadian West Saga by Janette Oke (6 Books)
Another one of my all time favorite series. I read this in high school as well and the story still sticks with me. This one follows a woman named Elizabeth, who takes a teaching job in the Canadian frontier. A whole new world for her, considering she was raised in city-life on the East Coast. I read all of these books in just a few days. I devoured this story!



A Prairie Legacy by Janette Oke (4 Books)
ALMOST as good as Love Comes Softly. This series falls Marty and Clark's granddaughter, Virginia. I can see this appealing to YA fans because it's a coming-age-story for Virginia. Shes really trying to find out who she is and her place in the world and how she fits in with her family and her friends. 





Abram's Daughter series by Beverly Lewis
This one set off my love for Amish stories! This one follows for Amish sisters. Another coming-of-age type story for the YA fans. I don't want to give too much away though! All of the series definitely focus on a love story, which may also be appealing for the romance fans. I would honesty give all these series an overall five, for sure! 





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! PInning! I'm really trying to get into reading more historical fiction, especially Christian/clean, so this is awesome ^_^ It's hard to know where to start sometimes, hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd highly recommend Janette Oke. She has a ton of stand-alones as well as the series I mentioned and she is one of my most read authors. I'm a big fan!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...