Image Map

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Bookstores I'd Love to Visit (Around the World)

Sooo... my fiance... he doesn't walk into bookstores with me. You, see, I do this thing where when I walk in, I have to take a giant breath in... because the "bookstore smell" is one of the best ever. I don't know, I guess this embarrasses him? Like, get over it.

Anyway, if I ever get the opportunity to travel the world I want to eat in delicious restaurants and visit these bookstores. After all, I am very sheltered when it comes to bookshops. My town has two Books-A-Million and one used shop. That's it. The used store is great for romances but the rest of the stock is pretty limited. We used to have a Barnes and Noble and I'm not lying when I said I cried in the middle of an aisle when I found out they were closing.

It's a dream to get to visit and buy from these wonderful looking places.


Photo credit
Libreria Acqua Alta, Venice, Italy
Books in gondolas and cat-saving owner. Need I say more?


Photo Credit
El Ateneo, Buenes Aires, Argentina
You can sit in theater boxes to read your books! Isn't it pretty?

Photo Credit
Books Actually in Tiong Bahru, Singapore
I mean, really? Look! Look at it! And omg, that cat! Yes, please!

Photo Credit

Word on the Water, London
Okay, seriously, how cool is this?
Photo Credit

Shakespeare and Company, Paris, France
The bookstore I'd love to visit the most! But France is, in general, the top country I dream of visiting.  It just looks so cozy!







7 comments:

  1. I do the bookstore smell thing, too! These all look amazing. I especially want to go back to London and find Word on the Water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bookstores, too! When I was in New York last year (for an internship), I visited every bookstore I could find...!! My favorites were Books of Wonder and The Strand. Las Vegas (where I live now), only has Barnes & Noble...which is fine, b/c I'll take anything I can get. I love the smell of new books (not necessarily old books). I remember, I was in class in college, and my teacher called me out when she saw me smelling the book we were reading (Lolita). But she called me out in a good way. She was like, I love that you just smelled your book, lol. Those bookstores look beautiful...I want to visit them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE looking at these libraries and gorgeous books! I totally want to visit some of these places :) I also followed your blog, SO cute. Yay bookish blogs. I can never follow enough, it seems xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend also refuses to enter bookshops. Probably because he knows he'll be waiting hours for me to be done. The one bookstore that I really want to visit (and it's only two hours from me in the south of the Netherlands) is this one: http://www.homedsgn.com/2012/07/05/selexyz-dominicanen-bookstore-by-merkxgirod-architecten/ so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! That is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing! :)

      Delete
  5. My boyfriend hates going into bookshops with me too, mainly because I go in them multiple times a week and rarely buy anything. A lot of what I buy I get online, but I love walking round the bookshops and looking at all the books.

    I really want to go to all of these bookshops now. They look AMAZING! I especially love the look of one in Argentina, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way! I just love being in the stores and I don't usually buy stuff. And he knows it! Haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...