Image Map

Monday, February 18, 2013

Book Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Title: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #1
Finished on: January 20, 2013
Released: August 23rd 2011 by Razorbill
Source: Library E-book
Rating: 4/5

Summary from Goodreads:
Blood doesn't lie...

Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...
It took me way too long to start this series. I was so hesitant because I absolutely loved Vampire Academy and Rose, Dimitri, and Lissa so darn much and thought I'd miss them and their stories too much. I eventually went into it with the mindset that it's two separate series meant to be enjoyed for their own unique qualities. I really was not disappointed.

Sydney is such a different narrator then Rose. While Rose was such a physical character, Sydney is much more mental... if that makes any sense? She's a very smart girl and it's so interesting to watch her grow and see the changes in her as her world gets turned around and her beliefs shaken.
And while I miss Dimitri, Adrian isn't so bad. Really, he's not. (; Actually I love all of his scenes and found myself waiting for them.

This is one of the longest (lengthwise) books that I've read so far this year, yet it took the shortest amount of time. It's such a smooth read that flows right along and makes you not want to put it down. While I didn't fall quite as deep in love with Bloodlines as I did with VA, it was only the first in the series and I'll definitely be reading the next!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...