Image Map

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Book Review: Glass Heart by Amy Garvey

You can read my review of Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey here.




Title: Glass Heart by Amy Garvey
Series: Cold Kiss #2
Finished on: October 29, 2012
Released: September 18, 2012 by HarperTeen
Source: Won through EpicReads.com
Where you can buy: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository | IndieBound
[add to Goodreads]

Summary from Goodreads:
Wren can do things that other people can only dream of. Make it snow on a clear, crisp day. Fly through an abandoned tunnel. Bring a paper bird to life.Wren knows her abilities are tinged with danger--knows how easy it is to lose control--but she can't resist the intoxicating rush. And now that she has Gabriel by her side, someone who knows what she can do--what she "has" done--she finally feels free to be herself.
But as Wren explores the possibilities of her simmering powers, Gabriel starts pushing her away. Telling her to be careful. Telling her to "stop." The more he cautions her, the more determined Wren becomes to prove that she can handle things on her own. And by the time she realizes that Gabriel may be right, it could be too late to bring him back to her side.
I adore Amy Garvey's writing style. And this book had me literally laughing out loud many times. But I think Cold Kiss should have been left as a stand-alone. The only real purpose I found was to tie up the loose ends from Cold Kiss. We also see Wren learning about and trying out her magic a lot more. (Robin, too!)

I still love Wren and her two friends, Darcia and Jess, but something about how Gabriel is portrayed in Glass Heart made me like him a little less. We do get about three significant new characters in this on but since they are not mentioned in the summary, I'll leave you to meet them on your own. Let's just say I only like one out of the three. Robin, the mom, Aunt Mari, and Mr. Purrfect are still awesome, too.

Three stars because I really love the characters, the writing, and the humor. No more than that because I didn't connect with the plot. Cold Kiss was such and intriguing story, but nothing in Glass Heart really left an impression on me. However, it was a really quick read and it was nice to get a ton of questions answered.  Because of that, if you really liked the first one, please read this one!

I don't know if there is anymore about Wren, Gabriel, and their friends coming, but if there is I will read it. And I can't wait to read more from Amy Garvey.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...