Image Map

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Book Review: Derailed by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Title: Derailed by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Series: Clayton Falls #1
Finished on: December 26, 2012
Released: September 23rd 2012
Source: Owned for Nook
Rating: 5/5

Summary from Goodreads:
When you're lost, sometimes the only place you can go is home.

Broken over the death of her fiancé, Molly leaves law school to return to her childhood home in North Carolina. Expecting to lay low until she can figure out what else to do with her life, she finds herself in the arms of her high school sweetheart, the boy who represents everything from the past she tried to leave behind.

Looking for an escape, she instead finds a way back to the girl she almost forgot existed and a future she never dreamed possible.
Holy crap! What a shock this was. I was not expecting to fall in love with Derailed this much, but I definitely did.  I absolutely could not put this one down. Alyssa Rose Ivy created a sweet and touching yet realistic contemporary that I was absolutely hooked on.

First off, I'm a sucker for small town, everybody knows everyone's business, settings. Clayton Falls doesn't disappoint. I also love the high school sweethearts concept, which we also get a good dose of. Alyssa Rose Ivy handles the situation between Molly and Ben (the HS love) fantastically. The whole progression of their relationship after Molly returns to Clayton falls is realistic and believable. And it's handled in a way where the reader isn't left with "Uhm.. what about Adam, your dead fiance!" There are some moments and some information revealed which was very heart-wrenching at times but the author did such a beautiful job with it.

These characters were wonderful. They were the kind of group that I would want to be friends with myself. I can't get enough of their stories. I'm a officially a fan and have already started reading the next in the series: Veer. This was a beautiful and addicting contemporary that I recommend to all fans of the genre.

“I never believed there was anyone else out there. I knew completely that no one else would ever make me feel the way you did. You were the best thing that ever happened to me, and from the day I realized I loved you, I never even considered a future without you.”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing Derailed! I am so glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...